Thursday, November 21, 2013

Assignment #18


Assignment # 18
A Memory I had
Arriving at the parking lot where we first pick out our pig for Fair,
Smelling the poop and mud reminded me of the Spring County Fair.
Looking in the trailer the piglet’s eyes looking at me
Confused like lost kids in a crowd.
Spotting out the cute perfect piglet in the group of pigs had,
A white body with a black head.
Seeing the piglet in the cage it looked wild.
I climbed the truck and let the cute little piglet smell my hand.
Its eyes looked at mine and it liked my sent.
I looked and said his name is Hummer and you are mine.
He was a boy and was plumpy, and big boned.
At home the piglet became my pet,
We played and Hummer ate all day,
Hummer got bigger and bigger and soon he
Was a big nice looking hog.
Fair was getting closer,
Time to practice showing Hummer for the Fair.
In the morning and at night we worked together
And had a great time.
We have a great bond.
At the Fair Hummer made the weight,
We got a blue,
Cleaned up pretty well,
At the end had to say good- bye but looking in his eyes he had a wonderful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment